Thursday, September 24, 2009

Today was a great swim day. We swam about 45 minutes, doing 16 laps, then 14, then 14, then 2 breaststroke, 2 sprint, and 2 cool down. If Ben had it his way, we’d be done after the first 16…good thing for Sergeant Garrison! It felt really good today and I can finally see progress. My quads and shoulders get really tired though…

So here are some things I've noticed when training for a triathlon:

--I always smell like chlorine
--Hungry all the time
--Exhausted and ready for bed at 9:30pm
--I eat a LOT
--Carbs are my friend
--Walking up any amount of stairs burns my legs
--I'm always short on clean gym clothes
--I now have to shower every day
--Hungry all the time
--I don't drink enough water. I need to work on that
--Can wake up between 6:30-7:30am every morning and not die
--Happier, healthier, fitter!
--Oh and hungry all the time

One more week till the Indoor Tri! We find out if we're in on Monday, but I'm pretty sure we are. And it's going to be on TV!

No comments: